Working with us
Working with DS
With over 40 years of experience in the performing arts, we have a proven track record of success. We are passionate about helping ensembles look and feel their best, and we know that confidence is key to a successful performance. DS employees work closely with directors, designers, and choreographers to create custom looks that are flattering and stylish. We understand that every ensemble is unique, and we tailor our services to meet your specific needs. We are committed to providing you with the highest quality products and services, and we look forward to working with you to create a look that you will love.
Your success is our success. We are here to support you every step of the way, and we look forward to partnering with you on your upcoming season
- Gathering Information
- Fill out our intake form to provide us with all the details about your show. The more information you can share, the better.
- Share your budget. We know this can be a difficult question, but it helps us to create a plan that meets your needs.
- Create a mood board with us. Let's discuss your show and its inspiration, including colors, images, and audio. We can help you build the aesthetic.
- Provide the number of performers. The minimum number of custom garments per order is 15. The minimum number for catalog custom is 5. If you are looking for multiple looks for your ensemble, please inquire about multi-style pricing.
- Upon receiving your intake form, we will send you a confirmation email with the next steps.
- The confirmation email will include information on how to measure and a link to the measuring worksheet (Google Sheet).
- A DS Associate will send over a design proposal for approval.
- The costume design/sketch will be sent over for approval.
- Fabric approval (textiles, print, etc.). In some cases, a sample may be necessary.
- Measurements deadline (we must have all performer measurements to get started).
- 50% Production Deposit Due.
- Once we have received your Production Deposit & Measurements, your order will move into our production schedule.
- We will provide you with a timeline for the following:
- Final Payment Due
- Expected Ship Date Confirmation